Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Celebration..

Today the Village clubhouse held host to a
standing room only crowd as so many
came to pay their respects to the the
Emard family.

Bill and Karen M. conducted a tribute to Norman
and his wonderful caring family. The entire room
was silent as Karen sang several beautiful songs.
They brought tears to many.
Bill blessed the outstanding brunch and
our whole community. The food was wonderful
and certainly plentiful! It was certainly well
thought-out and well organized. The serving
team kept the platters full and even kept huge smiles
on their faces as they paid Norm this last tribute.

Bill read a letter from Patty that was a wonderful and
humorous summary of their life. Thank you Patty.

Our heartfelt thanks go out to those who willingly
spent the last few days fixing and
serving such an appreciative
time of friendship and love.

We know he was with us the whole time and saying
"Great job Barbara and thanks for fixing me my
favorite last meal. " We all know he
is watching to see how "his" Village flourishes.
It was a truly a wonderful tribute to Norm
from the many, many lives he touched.
Good-by and my love to all.................................................barb

2 comments:

Diane said...

It was a wonderful Celebration! I'm sure Norm was proud of us.

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank all of the Lakewood Village family and especially Bill and Karen Mead for all your support and prayers during and after my fathers death. There is not one spot in Lakewood Village that he did not touch, not one person who, in one way or another, did not help; I know everytime I come home to Lot 109 that I will feel my fathers presence watching over all in Lakewood Village. I thank everyone who is also watching and helping my mom, even if she won't ask for the help; she knows you are there if she needs you. These next several months will be hard on mom and my sisters, I know this because they will be hard on me as well; but I know my dad taught us strength, faith and hope and he is with us always in our hearts. To all the family, friends, and neighbors who were there for us "Emards" during these heartbreaking times...I say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS. Patti (Emard) Sawyer.